Founded in 1981, the center is responsible for collecting, processing, disseminating and maintaining documentation in the areas of specialization of INAU. The center aims to meet the needs of teachers, researchers and students (the center is also is intended to be, by its specific area, a center of research and UFR) :
- by the acquisition of books and basic research ;
- by purchasing new subscriptions in connection with developments in the field of INAU ;
- by developing access to new media (CD-ROM legal videotapes).
The Documentation Centre provides its users :
- over 5400 technical books and general knowledge in French, English and Arabic, arranged by Dewey Decimal Classification ;
- a hundred titles of periodicals ;
- nearly 300 end-study projects ;
- training reports ;
- studies and research produced by INAU and the Ministry.
The fund covers the main areas of teaching and research of INAU and related disciplines including :
- Urban Planning
- Territorial Planning
- Economics and Finance
- Computer studies
- On-site consultation of collections is free and open to all persons without registration formalities.
- The home loan is granted to teachers, students and executives of INAU.
- 2 documents / 15 days for students
- 4 documents / 21 days for teachers
- On site Consultation is open to other users.
- Periodicals, reference books and reference works are not for loan.
- Works in a single copy can be borrowed for the weekend. They must be returned on Monday at the opening of the center.
That are available :
- manual files ;
- directory submissions ;
- new acquisitions bulletin ;
- current contents of periodicals ;
- a list of comments and suggestions to the loan office.
- Iinterlibrary loan ;
- Web server for the database software as Alexandria documentary ;
- Selective Dissemination of Information ;
- Multimedia Center.
The center is open on a permanent basis from Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 19h.
The center is closed in August.